Start a New Energy-Saving Habit on Earth Day
Earth Day was first recognized almost 50 years ago. Always celebrated on April 22nd, Earth Day began as a way to focus attention on environmental issues and to encourage everyone to live a “green” lifestyle.
To honor Earth Day 2019, PRECO is encouraging our members to start a new energy-saving habit. You’ll be surprised how quickly it will become routine to save energy. And, when you start seeing the savings on your power bills, you’ll be encouraged to start doing other things to save energy.
Consider picking up these energy-saving habits:
- Turn off lights and ceiling fans in unoccupied rooms
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Unplug appliances when not in use
- Put TVs and entertainment systems on power strips and switch them off when not in use
- Shut down computers, laptops and game systems when idle
- Take a brief shower instead of filling up the tub
- Line dry laundry when possible
Celebrate Earth Day by beginning a new energy-saving habit. Before you know it, you’ll find yourself performing that task without a second thought.