Steps to Restoring Power
Strong storms can take out power for extended periods. In the case of tropical storms or hurricanes, perhaps days or even weeks!
In these situations, it’s our goal to perform the tasks that will restore power to the most homes in the shortest amount of time.
Here’s how we do it.
The Steps to Restoring Power
- Transmission Lines. These supply power to one or more substations.
- Substations. A substation serves thousands of homes and businesses.
- Main Distribution Lines. Each line serves a portion of members from each substation.
- Tap Lines. These serve smaller groups of members from the main distribution lines.
- Individual Services. These lines serve individual homes and buildings.