Five Reasons We Love Serving Our Members
February may be the shortest month, but it’s packed with special observances like Presidents’ Day, Black History Month, Valentine’s Day, and even unofficial celebrations like National Pizza Day. Each one has a purpose: to draw attention to a particular issue or theme.
Over time, Valentine’s Day has become a day to celebrate with flowers, candy, and greeting cards. It’s also the perfect time to let our friends, family, and other special people know we care about them.
With that in mind, we’re sharing our top five reasons we love serving the members of Peace River Electric Cooperative.
- Without you, the co-op wouldn’t exist. Simply put, PRECO exists to serve you. That’s why we were formed in 1940––to bring power to our local area when for-profit utilities refused. Our mission is to provide you with reliable electric service and excellent customer care at affordable rates.
- You enable us to give back to our community. PRECO’s purpose is to empower our local community. With your assistance, we’re able to help the local community through our Operation Round Up program and making direct donations to schools, civic organizations, and local events.
- Co-op members serve on the board of directors. They ensure that PRECO is continually maintained and operated with your best interests in mind. Because our democratically elected board members live in the area , they’re able to serve as the pulse of the larger community and identify immediate and long-term needs.
- You help us get it right. We do our best to avoid power outages, but Mother Nature occasionally throws us a curveball; our members quickly report any power disruptions and are patient as our crews work to restore power safely. We also appreciate your feedback on co-op programs and services like PrePaid Power and Outdoor Lighting.
- PRECO members make up the community we serve. Like you, our employees live and work here and invest in the local community. That’s why you’ll see our employees volunteering at local schools, ballgames, and community events.
As a co-op, our purpose is to empower our members every day. We love serving our members and our local community.